Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Well... I'm back!

Unfortunately it looks like the site isn't - all I can say is aaarrggghhh...!

Anyway. My abject apologies to all who visited and found they were greeted by a blank page when they tried to access the dictionary. Apparently during a server upgrade the index file was corrupted and so the site won't load. Of course the data is still there hidden in the depths of the database so I've got on to Dmitry who developed the Glossword Software and he is going to do a full software upgrade and rebuild the site for me.

I don't know how long this will take but no more than a day or two I hope - but since it appears the site has been down for a month... perhaps a few more hours won't matter too much?

From now on I'll be checking the 'public' access a lot more often as well as simply loading new words into the dictionary via the admin access.

Sorry it's taken so long - and I hope this doesn't happen again!

No comments: