Thursday, June 24, 2004

Err.... apologies.. .... changed my mind...

Having spent a couple of days fiddling around both with Mambo which is currently on odps.net, and PostNuke which I have on another site, I think PostNuke is probably the more 'powerful' of the two.

It seems to me that since we haven't yet had too many visitors from ODPS 'proper' that I ought to just drop Mambo and move to PostNuke now rather than later.

If you have an opinion on either - let me know or I'll simply move it now and hope all works out ok :)

The reasoning for this is quite straightforward. PostNuke for all it's weirdness does have a huge number of modules you can install which allow greater flexilbility of design.

True I have no idea how to use them yet, but knowing they are there will mean any suggestion put forward for site development will be better able to be accomodated and that being the case, sooner would be better than later.

I've been a member of sites which chopped and changed before and having to resubmit your details to re-join became annoying to the extent I dropped out of the forums - so - better now than later. We'll work with postnukes peculiarities and see what develops, literally. :)

No comments: